Tuesday, January 02, 2007

So far this year I have reached new heights in laziness. And it's only Jan. 2nd. Today I went to work and my only goal was to change the classroom calendar from December to January. The month of December fell in the trash can when I took it down so I think that was an early sign that this project was going to fail. Then I couldn't find the "16" to put in the pocket chart so I decided I might start the year by telling my students that the 16th is no longer a day and we are never to speak of it again in my classroom. Just for fun. And then I couldn't find the "Martin Luther King Jr. Day" to put in the pocket chart, and I MUST put up all holidays so that I will make it through the previous work week looking forward to something. So I just stopped, left the calendar half-finished, and drove home. You would think this new found laziness would annoy me but NO! I'm actually very very excited for what laziness might abound in the upcoming days and weeks. In earlier years of yore I would never leave tasks unfinished and leave to enjoy my day. But this is the dawn of a new era my friend. May many unfinished calendars and days of freedom come my way, and yours.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watching animals stretch is the most beautiful thing in the world...

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home