Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I went to yoga for the first time yesterday. One time a long time ago before yoga was popular I got free yoga every week in the third grade and I swore I would never go to yoga on my own volition EVER. The reason is because I don't like when people to tell me to be still, relax, or think of nothing. It makes me want to kill someone. Why should I intentionally think of nothing? Seriously don't ever tell me to find my inner peace or I'll cut you. Anyways I thought maybe I should give yoga a chance now that I hate work and everyone tells me it is a good destresser. I have to admit, that shit works you out. I was surprised. And overall, i did like it...BUT. BUT. Some things really pissed me off still. i'm just not all about the peace. When I walked in the instructor was talking about how we should adapt and find balance in our lives just like in yoga. Please. I hate bad metaphors. And the WORST part was that she kept calling your ass your SIT BONES. I don't know what in the hell could make someone refer to your ass as your sit bones with a straight face. Oh wait. Yeah I can. It's called yoga. She referred to them as sit bones PLURAL. She said the following statement: Feel both your sit bones on the mat. As in, your asses are separate entities. Not one sit BONE, but sit BONES. Anyways it was annoying. I think I'll go back on Friday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home