Friday, August 13, 2010

So, to anybody who still reads this blog, which does not even include myself, I wanted to come back with a comeback. So, I have been dealing with lots of depression, anxiety, and anorexia. Okay, so that's not funny, but it sort of is, since those who know me also know how much I love food and used to eat butter plain and half and half in my Rice Krispies.
Anyways, I figured out Los Angeles is really bad for the body and soul. For example, take my gym. I see the same people there every day, working out like crazy, at least one of which I can tell is anorexic/exercise bulimic (Stairmasters-Bony-Girl-with-Newspaper). I take some pilates and yoga classes, and this fobby Asian woman in my class asks me if I'm gonna stay for the next class. "No, one is enough for me." "Only one? I take two. I used to take three a day, but then I go eat like horse. Two good." Is this whole city disordered?
In another incident, I must say the number of black men that hit on me lately is waaaay down. They liked me much better with some curves. But at my gym, this black guy always hits on me with the line, "I love the tiny legs in those grey pants. I need to get to your size." Mind you, this is a former NBA player telling me he wants to be a woman's size zero. Again, only in LA.
Then take Whole Foods. This guy who works there asks me out by asking if I like to run stairs. Ummmmm. Do I LIKE to run them? No. Does anybody LIKE to run stairs???? I feel like i'm taking crazy pills.
Then at the farmers' market, two women to guy selling bread: "Oooh, we don't eat bread! No carbs!!!!" I spot them two seconds later buying cake and pita chips from another vendor.
So you see, recovery in this city is a bit difficult because apparently disordered eating and body image are NORMAL here. Here's to hopefully eating plain butter again soon without regrets!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Virginia said...

Thank you for sharing your story. I also suffer from anorexia. It can be hard to control when you are in the type of environment that encourages people to be thin (like LA). I found ways of treating my anorexia at http://onlineceucredit.com/edu/social-work-ceus-eda. I hope this is helpful for you! I wish you the best.

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home